CHICA New Brunswick/Prince Edward Island (CHICA-NB/PEI)
Welcome to NB/PEI's Website!
CHICA NB/PEI was founded in 1982 in order to support the practice of infection prevention and control in the 2 provinces. This support is given by fostering communication, sharing ideas and concerns and providing educational opportunities for the members as well as guests.
1. To initiate and develop effective communication between infection prevention and control professionals to share knowledge and experience.
2. To encourage the development and standardization of effective and rational infection control programs in the health care facilities and agencies in the provinces.
3. To support seminars for ICPs sponsored by local, provincial, and national groups.
4. To improve the knowledge and skills of ICPs to provide quality infection control to the consumers of health care in New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island.
5. To promote consumer awareness of infection prevention and control issues within the community.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in furthering the objectives of the chapter.
Membership in CHICA NB/PEI is contingent on membership in CHICA Canada and fees must be paid on an annual basis
Only active members may vote at chapter meetings, participate on committees and hold office.