CHICA Nova Scotia (CHICA-NS)
Through exchange of knowledge, experience, and information the organization will contribute to quality health care. It will enhance communication and promote education of professionals interested in infection control.
- Assist members in the development of their infection control programs.
- Facilitate education in the infection control community
- Support and assist members with research activities and publications.
- Identify and promote effective infection control measures and quality standards.
- Increase public awareness and understanding of the sources of infection, modes of transmission, and means of control.
- Represent CHICA Nova Scotia on all CHICA-Canada standing committees.
Membership is available to all persons interested in fostering the purpose and objectives of the organization. Members are those whose current CHICA-Canada and CHICA Nova Scotia membership fee is paid. Memberships are non-transferable and lapses annually.
Only members may vote at CHICA Nova Scotia meetings. To hold office or vote on CHICA-Canada issues one must be an active member of CHICA-Canada.
Our current membership includes health care professionals from acute care, long term care and the community.