Welcome to CHICA-Simcoe Muskoka's Website!
Number of Members:
- The current membership is growing on a continuing basis.
Geographic Area Served:
- Simcoe Country, District of Muskoka and surrounding area:
The North Simcoe Muskoka (NSM) LHIN has a population of 453,710 (2009), representing 3.5% of Ontario's population. It encompasses the District of Muskoka, most of the County of Simcoe and a portion of Grey County. North Simcoe Muskoka is home to four First Nations. Given its location in and around cottage country, NSM experiences significant seasonal variation in population and demands for related health services. North Simcoe Muskoka is also an increasingly popular retirement destination. We also cover South Simcoe County, which is in a different LHIN but within our health unit jurisdiction.
- Some of the cities represented are:
- Barrie and Area
- Collingwood and Area
- Midland / Penetanguishene and Area
- Orillia and Area
- At the present time we have representation from hospitals, long-term care homes, CCAC, retirement homes, paramedic services, community support service agencies, community health centres, community mental health agencies and the public health unit.