CHICA–Canada is a national, multi-disciplinary, voluntary association of Infection Prevention and Control Professionals (ICPs) committed to improving the health of Canadians by promoting excellence in the practice of infection prevention and control.
CHICA-Canada Membership2013 Membership Application Form (may be printed for mailed or faxed applications): click here
- Click here to renew membership online
- Click here to edit member profile after registration
- Online application - announcement of launch
- Online application - Instructions
- Online application - FAQ's
- Membership Information
- Infection Control Designates
- New Members Package (English)
- New Members Package (French)
- Letter to Administrators
- Download Handouts 1 - Zip file (11.2 MB)
- Download Handouts 2 (pdf - 90 KB)
- Download Handouts 3 (pdf - 90 KB)
The user ID and password you used for online membership is NOT applicable to the Members Area log in.
The user ID and password for accessing the Members Area is printed on your membership card. If you do not yet have a membership card and require the user name/password, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHICA–Canada welcomes members from around the world. View our Membership Map.
- Subscription to the Canadian Journal of Infection Control and access to online journal
- Access to the Audit Toolkit for Infection Prevention and Control audits
- Annual Member and Source Guide (including Compendium of Resources)
- Professional exchange of ideas through CHICA CHAT (electronic discussion forum)
- Monthly e-newsletter, CHICA E-News
- Local chapter activities and support
- Participation in Interest Groups
- Access to educational opportunities such as chapter education, distance education courses, Roadshows and Webinars, and reduced registration fees for annual conferences and other educational offerings
- Development of infection prevention and control standards
- Access to Members Area section of the CHICA-Canada website
- Access to on-line distance education
Categories of Membership
Active/Professional: Individuals occupationally or professionally involved in the practice of Infection Prevention and Control and/or Epidemiology. May vote, hold office and serve on committees. This category also includes Industry/Business members who are directly responsible for products and services related to Infection Prevention and Control.
Institutional:Employees of health care related institutions or agencies interested in fostering the purposes and objectives of the Association. Members must be at the same physical site. Representatives receive the same benefits as Active members. Membership will stay with the person for the remainder of the membership year unless they otherwise agree to transfer membership to another representative of the Institution.
Student: Full-time student attending a full time infection control related program. May not vote or hold elected office. May serve on committees. Applications for Student membership must be accompanied by a letter of attestation that the applicant is a full-time student attending an infection prevention and control related program.
Retired: Retired and not employed full time or seeking full time employment in Infection Prevention and Control. This is a non-voting membership. May not vote or hold elected office. May serve on committees.
Corporate Membership:Companies/corporations/agencies which support the objectives of CHICA-Canada and provide additional support to CHICA-Canada. The company is the member of CHICA-Canada. Corporate Member representatives are non-voting and may not hold elected office. They may serve on committees. See http://www.chica.org/inside_partnerships.php for more information on Corporate Membership. Individual representatives of the Corporate Member may apply for Active/Professional Membership.
Partnerships with International Organizations
CHICA-Canada is a member of the International Federation of Infection Control (IFIC).
Visit our conjoint Global Infection Control Events Webpage.
Revised December 6, 2012
- Click here to register online for CHICA-Canada 2013 Membership
- Click here to Renew Membership Online
- Click here to Edit Member Profile After Registration
- Not registering online? Print registration form, fill out and mail to CHICA-Canada:
- New Members Package:
- CBIC Certification Information
- Chapters Map
- Membership Map
- Letter to Administrators
- Information from the Membership Services Office