Home » Inside CHICA » Internal Committees
Canadian Journal of Infection Control
- Chair: Editor
- quarterly educational publication of CHICA–Canada
- Chair: Director of Education
- addresses educational and training needs identified by membership and develops programs to meet those needs.
- Chair: Director of Finance
- makes recommendations on any items relating to revenue or expenditures to maintain financial viability.
- Chair: Membership Director
- actively develops and implements a plan to promote membership in CHICA–Canada; assesses the needs of membership on an ongoing basis to develop plans to meet the identified needs.
- Chair: Past President
- identifies candidates willing to accept a nomination for one of each of the Board position(s) open, and receives nominations from the membership at large.
Standards and Guidelines Committee
- Chair: Director, Standards & Guidelines
- recommends to the Board of Directors an official position on standards affecting the practice of infection prevention and control, thereby accruing knowledge that will be accepted as the standards of practice. Appoints members to represent the Association on various related health committees.
Strategic Planning Committee
- Chair: Past President
- ensures that the strategic plan is forward-focused, positioning the Association and meeting the needs of its members; ensures that the objectives and strategies reflect the Vision, Mission and Goals of the Association.
- Chair of each group reports to the Board via the President-Elect
- interest groups are comprised of CHICA-Canada members with an interest in a specific area of infection prevention and control. Groups meet annually at the CHICA-Canada national conference, as well as via teleconference, email distribution group and discussion board. For more information about interest groups, visit our Interest Group webpage.
Membership Services Office
- the national office of the Association which coordinates the day-to-day functions of the organization.
Programs and Projects Committee
- Chair: Director Programs & Projects
- actively explores initiatives that will raise awareness of CHICA-Canada and infection prevention & control in Canada as well as supporting projects developed by members.
- a function of the Membership Services Office to coordinate the organization of annual educational conferences, working with a scientific program committee comprised of members in the locales of the conference.
|CURRENT COMMITTEE CHAIRS|
|Committee||Chair||Link to Website|
|Distance Education Advisory Group||Donna Moralejo||Website|
|Distance Education Course Coordinators||Heather Candon
Jane Van Toen
|Endorsement/Recognition Review Committee||Donna Moralejo||Website|
|Finance Committee||Judi Linden||Website|
|Membership Committee||Marilyn Weinmaster||Website|
|Programs & Projects Committee||Mandy Deeves||Website|
|Standards and Guidelines Committee||Victor Leung||Website|
|REPORTING TO BOARD|
|Committee/Task Group||Representative||Term Expires|
|Archivist||Mary LeBlanc||No term|
|Audit Toolkit Working Group||Anne Bialachowski, Karen Clinker, Mary LeBlanc, Shirley McDonald||No term|
|Clinical Editor, CJIC||Pat Piaskowski||June 30, 2013 (3 year term)|
|Web Communications Manager/WebMaster||Shirley McDonald||December 31, 2014 (3 year term)|
|WebBoard Manager||Jim Gauthier||December 31, 2011 (two year term)|
|REPORTING TO BOARD THROUGH PRESIDENT-ELECT|
|Interest Group||Chair/Co-chair||Link to Website|
|Community Health Care Interest Group||Darlene Meeds- Montero
|Dialysis Interest Group||Victoria Williams
|Healthcare Facility Design and Construction Interest Group||Barb Shea
|Long Term Care Interest Group||Darlene Fawcett
|Mental Health Interest Group||Norma Richards||Website|
|Network of Networks Interest Group|| Jane Stafford
|Oncology Interest Group||VACANT||Website|
|Paediatric Interest Group||Louise Holmes
|Prehospital Care Interest Group||Greg Bruce
|Surveillance and Applied Epidemiology Interest Group||Tara Donovan