Members Area Information
The password-protected** Members area of the CHICA-Canada website is a place where CHICA-Canada members can obtain a wealth of additional materials and tools to assist in their practice of infection prevention and control, as well as an opportunity to participate in CHICA-Canada's discussion board. Join CHICA-Canada today and you will have access to the tools and information available in this section, which include:
- CHICA-Canada Committees and Interest Groups - members of committees and interest groups can visit here to obtain minutes of meetings, draft documents for review, resources and links to sites of importance to the committee. Current committees include Education, Finance, Government & Public Affairs, Membership, Programs and Projects, Standards & Guidelines, Chapter Websites and CJIC (journal). Curent interest groups include Dialysis, Healthcare Facility Design & Construction, Long Term Care, Mental Health, Network of Networks, Oncology, Paediatric, Prehospital Care and Surveillance and Epidemiology.
- Conference Presentations - CHICA-Canada members have access to photos, abstracts and handouts from past CHICA-Canada conferences.
- Fact Sheets - quick links to infectious disease fact sheets from CHICA-Canada, PHAC, CDC, WHO, provincial Ministries of Health and more!
- Teaching Aids - members can access a number of links that offer free materials to download for teaching, such as posters, quizzes, games, signs, photographs, activities for children and more!
- Signs & Posters - members can download CHICA-Canada posters and handwashing brochures
- CJIC Abstracts & Online Journal - the Canadian Journal of Infection Control is a benefit of membership in CHICA-Canada. The most current issue of the CJIC is available online to members
- Annual Reports - CHICA-Canada annual reports from 1999 to the present are available here
- CHICA By-Laws and Policy Manual - CHICA-Canada policies and by-laws are available for members to access
- CHICA CHAT - access the CHICA-Canada discussion board with your member password and chat with others, pose a question, answer a question and dialogue with members of a group, publicly or privately.
** NOTE: The username and password to log in to the Members Area are found on your membership card.