Links to Other Infection Control Websites
CHICA–Canada offers these links for additional resources for
infection control professionals. Links presented here do not imply
endorsement by CHICA–Canada.
Other Websites Related to Infection Prevention and Control
des Infirmières en Prévention des Infections (AIPI)
L'Association des Infirmières en Prévention des Infections est une association regroupant des infirmières du Québec en majorité francophone.
for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC)
Our sister organization for infection control professionals in the U.S. Now available - 2005 edition of the APIC text.
Once registered you can post your burning questions and get responses from all over the world.
Columbia Centre for Disease Control - Infection Prevention
Centre for infectious diseases for the province of British Columbia.
- CDC's Infection Prevention and Control Website
- Certification Board in Infection Control and Epidemiology (CBIC)
Control Nurses Association (ICNA)
Interesting infection control site from the U.K.
Control on the Web
Large collection of infection control-related links.
- International Federation of Infection Control (IFIC)
- Infection Prevention and Control Nova Scotia (IPCNS)
- International Nosocomial Infection Control Consortium
A wide variety of resource links, such as infection control guidelines, scientific meetings, glossary and scientific societies.
- Knowledge is Infectious
Resource for clinicians, nurses and associated health care professionals interested in learning more about hospital-acquired infection, with a focus on catheter-related bloodstream infections.
Health Sciences Centre Infection Control Website
The People, Places and Things of Infection Control - check it out!
Sinai Hospital Infection Control (Toronto)
Well developed site with good research data available from provincial studies.
- National electronic Library of Infection (NeLI) (U.K.)
- National Resource for Infection Control (NRIC) (U.K.)
- Provincial Infectious Diseases Advisory Committee (PIDAC) (Ontario)
- Provincial Infection Control Network (PICNet) (BC)
- Public Health Agency of Canada Nosocomial and Occupational Infections
Resources for Infection Control include national guidelines, CCDR, surveillance information, organism fact sheets and more.
Program for Monitoring Infectious Diseases (ProMED)
Subscribe to this digest to receive daily updates on emerging infectious diseases from around the globe.
- University Health Network - Infection Prevention and Control Website
Websites Related to Specialized Infection Prevention
- Dialysis Infection Resources
- Food Safety
- Health and Medical Library: Games for Kids!
- Hepatitis Information Network (HepNet)
- Infection Control Information Centre (Dentistry)
- Reuse of single-use medical devices in Canadian acute-care healthcare facilities - 2001 (report)
- Sterilants & High Level Disinfectants Approved by FDA (U.S.)