Surveillance and Statistics
CHICA–Canada offers these links for additional resources for infection control professionals. Links presented here do not imply endorsement by CHICA–Canada.
Tools and websites to help you carry out surveillance and analyse the results.
Inside statistics (instructional videos etc.)
- Best Practices for Infection Prevention and Control Programs in Ontario - PIDAC
- Canadian Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease Surveillance System (CJDSS)
- Canadian Nosocomial Infection Surveillance Program (CNISP)
- Case Definitions for Diseases under National Surveillance
- Centre for Healthcare Related Infection Surveillance and Prevention (CHRISP)
Disease Surveillance Protocols
Ontario Hospital Association
- Concepts and Applications of Inferential Statistics -Vassar College
of Infection for Surveillance in Long Term Care Facilities
McGeer A, Campbell B, Emori TG et al. AJIC 1996;19(1):1-7.
- Epi Info
Epidemiology shareware from the CDC
- Eurosurveillance Weekly
- Hospitals in Europe Link for Infection Control through Surveillance (HELICS)
Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)
U.S. hospital surveillance system for reporting nosocomial infections. National infection rates are published here to use as benchmarks.
Practices for Surveillance
Lee TB, Montgomery OG, Marx J et al. AJIC 2007;35:427-40.
- Safer Healthcare Now! Interventions:
- A Short Introduction to Epidemiology (Massey University)
- Surveillance of Health Care-Associated Infections in Patient and Resident Populations - PIDAC
Nosocomial Infections Surveillance System from Victoria, Australia has tailored the NNIS system to incorporate specific targeted modules into their hospital surveillance.
Pages That Perform Statistical Calculations
A wonderful resource for the mathematically challenged...!